Ice Age

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

back to square 1..!

Ah well from advertisng to banking (god save banking!)

from mumbai to chennai (thats eeks to myself!!)

from independence to lurve zone ( ah well - havent found anyone yet (whats new!) - just staying with parents!!)

from late nights at work to back home 6 in the evening

Ohmigawd that just gotta give me something to do - back to blogging folks!!

U know the next greatest woman blogger (god knows who was the first - I have never been first at anything so dont wanna claim that!) restarted here!!!

the episode for the day is my hunt for the right tam bram boy - which has suddenly been snatched and metamorphised into my parents hunt for a right tam-bram-iyer-vadama-god knows what else horoscope shortlisting a.k.a superhunting.

in all the resultant high humour cum drama i am just relegated being a hapless audience - trifle better than a helpless victim!!

it has got all elements of the great witch hunt - considering the fate of the groom to be - it also has the super sophistication of modern day swayamwar...

But the amount of learnings (management jargon - cant be helped) I have picked up in this long and seemingly endless pursuit is amazing!

for one - dont ever be sleepy when ur parents start discussing the groom - before you can blink you would find urself visited by some unknown aunty , uncle & a parade, wanting to know whether you can sing (yeah - I can sing lets make a night - will that do?!) the visit will be followed by my dad saying 'remember the other day I told you about them" - when appa? "oh when you were brushing your teeth and complaining that the water tap is flowing so fast..!"

look out no:2 - Beware of descriptions - the same guy who was described as extremely sophisticated cool guy by your wellwishing(?!) family will be seen in a photograph with proper vibhoothi in forehead & dhoti with a garden in the studio background...("ah who said vibhoothi is not cool? thats the latest in thing in US u know" - my dad)

Be very careful of sentimental attacks - that boy looks exactly like the cousin of my friend neeraj's brother's brother in law's third son who used to carry potful of water everyday for your old grand mother - how can u refuse him? - "huh"!

Be very careful about candid references to your age - "When I was like you I used to be sending your brother to school and managing you at home"...Ammaaaa - I am not THAT old!! "oh big deal you are only 5 years younger to how old I was then.."

Be quite updated on TV soaps and old movies that ur parents are getting exposed to - I was very impressed by a groom who was described as ' he looks exactly like khan the actor '- Only to realise when the photograph came that they meant khazan khan a TV villain!

Enquire clearly about his educational qualifications - I was impressed by a guy who was described as a topper in his MCA - only to know later that he is an MCA from alankapuram aandal college of engineering ($#$^!)

I can just go on - but then my mom has started talking about some other nice boy - need to keep my ears open u c!!

So in spite of all the glitches and my dream that I will find the right man myself - the comedy show continues....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home