Ice Age

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

an ode to a memory long gone....

reallly loong time since I blogged....just been zipping along with the pace of life 'no time for liesure'....

been busy...dont know doing what - catching Mumbai locals, making program papers, snatching away little moments of bliss with 'da loved un', missing home bro & parents (always a call away ...still..)...no time at all for liesure....

managed to read a few books in the time I get in the train (close to one twelfth of the day)...been busy fading in to one of the million too familiar people in the world with no opinions....till I saw a few blogs from people I didnt know all from MICA, my post grad school...

woke up with a thud you can say, for if there is one thing that is my schools claim to fame apart from the other claims to be loud , party loving and outgoing, it is the ability to see the multilayers in the world we live in...and I was so glad to see that it is seen across MICAns (Atleast from the blogs of the faceless that I read..)

sounds complicated....?? want to talk abt Vikram seth, calvin, mahabharat, brands and acid bugs...all in a span of 15 mts, catch a MICAn...

Its amazing...! I mean to be able to read the most outlandish book and still find 15 people who would have an opinion on it, to have found an 'insight' and share the 'a-ha' with people, to argue passionately about the political system we care two hoots about....and to wonder abt richard brosnen being a maverick affecting the brand imagery of 'virgin'...ooh hoo those were the days - of feeding the intellect....!

I used to finish 4 brand books in one week and dream abt being the next brand guru - time really is slooow...when am I going to be writting that brilliant book on brand strategy basis my experience with youth markets on Pepsi/ my stint at P&G..pray when...???!!!

I do miss the joy of living with nature - be able to completely detach yourself from the world around - and still live in a campus with 150 individuals like you - there were days when all the 32 women in the hostel used to just not talk or even whisper and just go about doing what we liked - one to the library, other playing the music loud, and another silently reading a book...we were all different ... we were all together in our loneliness...!!

you would not find a single person there who would say he doesnt write/ appreciate poetry - in fact my first boss was joking to me abt how every MICAn he interviews claims to have written poetry...my first reaction was - but most of us do..! only a few exceptions like me understand the world of numbers..but for many of them I met there world was just a streamer of beautifully written words, expressions and books...

was reading suketu mehta's maximum city - he says that the city mumbai is made up with a lot of similiar selfs - but multiple selfs which are dteached from each other...

I feel to some extent same goes to MICA...just that the umbilical cord stays the same - for all my misgivings and hatred for the superficiality rampant in that place, one thing I wouldnt deny is what a storehouse of thinking and dreaming it was....

and snap..zoom - I cant be living in a place that was more different...am sure that everyone who has lived in an hostel would agree to that...

well the concrete desert has an oasis in a lovely mister who celebrates his birthday today - who happens to be my reason d'etre in life and for bearing with this maximum city...

mr. J - thanks for listening to the rants, dreams and pulambals....now you know where they come from :-)

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home